Tips To Having A Healthy And Happy Holiday Season!
1. Be Active! Plan to be active throughout the holiday season. Bundle up and take a walk outside, get the fresh air on your face and if it's a sunny day, you get the very important Vitamin D.
2. Eat Mindfully! You can plan in your favorite holiday foods or start a new tradition and add some lightened up dishes.
3. Be Aware of portions! Keep in mind you want a balanced plate with protein, veggies, starch and healthy fat.
4. Skip Seconds!
5. Plan! Plan to be successful and plan your choices.
6. Be Realistic! You may have more temptations and you may want to indulge. Don’t be so restrictive on yourself that you are miserable and resent your healthy program.
7. Be Kind! Don’t beat yourself up about anything. You are doing great! Making yourself feel guilty will snowball into disaster.
8. Go Easy on Alcohol! Holidays are for celebrating, but alcohol can add many calories to your day. Have a glass of wine, but don’t overdo it.
9. Don't feel obligated to eat something you don't want. You don't owe anyone an explanation of what you are or aren't eating.
10. Focus on Family, Friends, and Being Thankful!
11. Don't Stress! Remember to practice your 5-5-7 conscious breathing technique. This can calm your nerves and help you refocus.